We are a startup that develops a software suite for the global ecommerce market. Our apps are used by thousands of online stores from 120+ countries and influence the shopping experience for 20+ million consumers every month.
We are currently available on Shopify, the most developer-friendly ecommerce platform in the world, but plan to extend to other platforms starting late 2019. We are already profitable and we are committed to invest to grow fast and grab market-share. We’re taking it to the next level so we are looking for a junior, passionate PHP expert to join our team and significantly improve the product.
Your #1 responsibility is to have fun building delightful experiences for online merchants and their customers. You’ll enjoy working on implementing highly scalable systems, by developing original code and/or making enhancements to existing code to solve new requirements and continuously improve our apps.
We are looking for somebody who has extensive experience building web technologies and enjoys being customer-centric and product-focused. You will collaborate with the rest of our highly skilled team to build engaging and effective user experiences for e-commerce businesses and their consumers - get ready for a coding adventure!
We mainly expect from you:
- good PHP skills (1+ years experience)
- previous experience with an MVC framework such as Symfony or Laravel (we're using Symfony 4.2.4)
- good knowledge of MySQL
- familiarity with Git and Docker
- to optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
We also want to find in you a person who:
- loves to experiment and use data to drive decision-making
- writes clean, uncluttered code
- has high attention to detail and accuracy
- is a team player who can motivate and lead
- is creative, tenacious and thorough
- has ability to work in a dynamic team environment
We know benefits are important, so we've prepared an attractive compensation package that includes:
- gym subscription (World Class is only 5 minutes away)
- top notch medical services (Regina Maria is 2 minutes away)
- the best coffee in town (Franke espresso machines FTW!)
- paid online training courses and books
- volunteer time off
- we donate a share of the income tax to the NGO of your choice
- The founders have a successful track record and you will be working directly with them, so you'll witness first hand how a startup is built
- We're open to any cutting edge technology that will significantly improve the product
- You have the opportunity to operate in a fast-paced work environment developing a product with excellent worldwide visibility
- You'll be working in an awesome workplace – we’re based in Mindspace Business District, less than 1 minute away from the metro station, thousands of square meters for meetings and walks, lots of interesting people to meet (check it out here: https://bit.ly/mindspace-bd)
- Remember: we are not an ecommerce company, we are a B2B, software-as-a-service startup that works with entrepreneurs at a global scale