Fast-forward to the conclusion: in 99.9% of the cases, the issue that you saw wasn't caused by VITALS.
But, given how incredibly complex VITALS is, merchants sometime feel that everything that's not working as assumed is due to VITALS. And we're happy to help them investigate this issue.
The first thing that we do to verify is to load that store without VITALS. And here's how we do it most of the times:
- We open the store in Google Chrome
- We open Chrome Developers Tools - and you can do this in a number of ways:
- right click anywhere on the page and select Inspect
- from the browser's menu ⋮ » More Tools » Developer Tools
- using a shortcut: CTRL + SHIFT + I (Windows) or CMD + OPT + I (Mac)
- Select the Network tab and type bundle in the Filter box (to the left of this page section)
- Refresh the page
- You'll see a file loading bundle.js?shop=_____.myshopify.com - right click on it and select Block request domain
- If you'll refresh the page again, you'll see your store loading without VITALS
- After you've concluded your test, don't forget to right click on the same file bundle.js?shop=_____.myshopify.com (it should now be displayed in red as it's blocked) - and select Unblock appsolve.io
That's all, here'a short video putting this in context.